South Korean sex reassignment surgeon: ‘I’ve decided to defy God’s will to Correct God’s Mistakes’



Dr Kim Seok-Kwun, 61-year-old known as the “father of South Korean transgender people,”

said :

 “I’ve decided to defy God’s will. At first, I agonised over whether I should do these operations because I
 wondered if I was defying God. I was overcome with a sense of shame.
“But my patients desperately wanted these surgeries. Without them, they’d kill themselves.”
Dr Seok-Kwun has so far conducted over 320 sex reassignment surgeries over the past 28 years, which is considered to be the most by any single doctor in the country.
He said his pastor objected when he first started doing the surgeries in the 1980s. However, he added he has now come to feel that his work is about correcting God’s mistakes.
“Some people are born without genitals or with cleft lips or with no ears or with their fingers stuck together. Why does God create people like this? Aren’t these God’s mistakes?” Kim said. “And isn’t a mismatched sexual identity a mistake, too?”
Reverend Hong Jae Chul, president of the Christian Council of Korea, called Dr Seok-Kwun’s remarks “cursed and deplorable.”
He added sex reassignment operations “are a blasphemy against God and make the world a more miserable place.”

South Korean sex reassignment surgeon: ‘I’ve decided to defy God’s will to Correct God’s Mistakes’ South Korean sex reassignment surgeon: ‘I’ve decided to defy God’s will to Correct God’s Mistakes’ Reviewed by Ernest Sylvester on 13:39 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.